Tuesday, July 14, 2015

more mandalas

I finished the two one-color mandalas. I think they came out okay. I rather like them.

I had only one skein of sport weight cotton and I would have needed two skeins to work all the rounds of the pattern. The original pattern was for t-shirt bulky yarn which makes a huge difference in size. Thankfully, this is a pattern that works for any number of rounds.

Each skein of Knit Picks Comfy Sport is 136 yards. I had used a small amount on the other mandalas so they weren't completely full skeins to begin with.



Knit Picks Comfy Sport Sea Foam 13"


Knit Picks Comfy Sport Carrot 12"

I worked 13 rounds of the carrot and 15 of the sea foam. I really like the pattern. If I'd have been smart, I'd have worked the same number of rounds on both and created a set of different colors. ;-)

The pattern is Marinke's Mandala Floor Rug. I think this would make a great rug. Might have to do one later in a bulky yarn.

If you want to participate in the project (ending in August) go to http://www.crochetconcupiscence.com/mandalasformarinke/  . #mandalasformarinke

Happy crocheting!
Sandie

No comments:

Post a Comment