Friday, March 6, 2015

hat

Remember I said that I got a new camera. I am still learning to work it. I am fairly good on "auto". LOL Anyway, I decided I wanted to try the extra lens so I took off the lens that was on the camera. As it happened, I was clueless as to how to replace that lens or put on the other one. Today, I finally got the original one back on. So I took a picture. LOL




I wore this hat yesterday and was quite pleased with it. 

I didn't intend to make a hat for myself. Someone posted a link to hats on my Facebook page and I went over to look at them and decided to make one. I saw this Panama hat that looked good so I followed the video that was posted (in Russian but the video is very clear).

As it turned out, the first rows of the pattern were just regular increase rounds for a basic hat. The pattern started to vary after that for the "mesh" like rows. 

Of course, I veered off from there because I didn't want the rim and my hat was also getting pretty long by this time and I have a small head. So here's what I did. 

I worked the increase rounds to 72 stitches. (12, 24, 36, 48, 60, 72). Then I alternated V stitch and small bobble rounds 3 times (made as in the video). I then worked 3 rounds of single crochet and finished with a pretty edging of (sc, ch 3, sc) in same stitch, sk 2 and repeat. My head is about 20 1/2" and this hat fit me perfectly. 

I used an I hook and Vanna's Choice cranberry yarn.

Added note: This designer has another pattern on her blog called Panama but it is not the same one as the one I followed. It's pretty though so I'm going to include the link here

Happy crocheting!
Sandie

No comments:

Post a Comment