Thursday, September 18, 2014

potholder by PixieHeartStrings

Sanderella's newsletter contained an invitation to make a nice potholder, design by Susan of Pixie Heartstrings. Susan has a post about it on her Facebook so I assume she has given permission to share the pattern but she does have it on her Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/notes/pixie-heartstrings/old-mas-potholders/778818765496994 . She has other patterns in her Facebook notes as well. 

If you don't want to take time to make the potholder, you can buy one already made by Susan herself at PixieHeartstring's Etsy shop

I decided to make one and here it is. The pattern is super easy if you can do a ripple or chevron. It's basically just sc with 3 sc at the point. Easy peasy. I plan to make another one or more myself. I think I will do a shorter chain on my next one as my sc in the ring did not cover the ring. Or I could make more sc I guess since those are not really used in the making of the ripple. Another idea would be to use a plastic ring there. 


Last night, I watched TV and did not even crochet a single thing. That almost never happens! LOL I have a lot of yarn but it's all either one skein of a color or sport yarn which is not as good for things like homeless scarves which I enjoy making. Maybe I just need to make another Who scarf. :-)

We'll see what calls out to me next. 

Happy crocheting!
Sandie

2 comments:

  1. I love the potholder. You did a perfect job. But then you always do and I love all the suggestions and patterns you always share with us. Thank you for your blog.

    ReplyDelete